i-doit pro Add-on JDisc
This add-on enables data transfer from JDisc to the i-doit CMDB according to configurable rules. It supports the creation of baselines.
This add-on is provided by synetics GmbH.
- Import of data from the discovery software JDisc
- Automated relations based on user defined attributes
- Import of all relevant hardware and software information
- Automated import of communication connections (switch connections)
With the i-doit JDisc add-on you retrieve all details from of your network
Why typing when the information is available in your network already? You look for a solution to build your IT documentation quickly and cost-efficiently and keep it up-to-date? JDisc in combination with i-doit is the right solution for you. The product of our partner company of the same name scans the network, works without installed software agents and delivers all details for further use in the IT documentation.
The i-doit add-on is the interface to JDisc and allows you to create import profiles that are exactly tailored to your needs. You decide which data you want to import, overwrite, or rather prefer to maintain manually. Due to the high flexibility in the configuration, many application scenarios are possible:
- In the project business, short-term analyzes of the current situation in the network are important – with discovery at project start and project end, as well as documentation of the life cycle in the CMDB, the documentation is almost perfect.
- In Change Management concrete and above all current data is important. For business-critical services, we’d better check twice before having to explain a disaster. The scanning of single elements or entire configurations is carried out in a few minutes and allows a comparison with the documented state.
- In the due diligence phase of outsourcing it is important to quickly identify facts – the actual number of servers, clients, printers. And last but not least: Which software is in use?
- Checking of installed software is generally a topic which cannot be covered easily by manual work. JDisc evaluates all common operating systems and i-doit is the log for the entire IT lifecycle.
- The creation of baselines as described in ITIL® is perfectly supported by the combination of discovery and CMDB.
- DevOps and CMDB – Organizations with high agility require agile documentation: with JDisc discovery with its short-term and i-doit CMDB with its long-term documentation you get the answers to your documentation questions.
Who do we recommend the use of the JDisc add-on for?
Organizations that are busy with building a CMDB achieve a high return on investment by integrating JDisc in their documentation processes step-by-step.
IT service providers like e.g. Managed Service Providers and system vendors use the combination of both tools for many application areas. Also as evidence of implemented changes and for maintaining a clean customer documentation, e.g. in separate i-doit tenants. The combination with the i-doit Documents add-on also enables visually appealing transfer documents.
Would you like to know more?
If you have questions regarding this add-on, please use the following form to send a message.
We are looking forward to your inquiry.